- Blender: Blender Foundation is a Dutch public benefit corporation, established to support and make easy the projects on blender.org. A free 3D modeling and animation application which can be utilized for modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing, rigging, water simulations, skinning, animating, rendering, particle and other simulations, non-linear editing, compositing, and creating interactive 3D applications.
- K-3D: It is free-as-in-freedom 3D modeling and animation software. It features a plugin-oriented procedural engine for all of its content, making K-3D a very versatile and powerful package. K-3D excels at polygonal modeling, and includes basic tools for NURBS, patches, curves and animation.
- SOFTIMAGE|XSI Mod Tool: Free 3D modeling and animation software for aspiring game developers and modders. The Mod Tool is a free version of XSI for non-commercial game creation.
- Zmodeler: ZModeler (or Zanoza Modeler) is a 3D modeling application developed by Oleg Melashenko. It is aimed at modelers who model for computer games. ZModeler is capable of complex modeling, even though it does not support important modeling functions such as extruding, or beveling.
- TopMod3d: It is a free, open source, portable, platform independent topological mesh modeling system that allows users to create high genus 2-manifold meshes.
- SketchUp 6: SketchUp is software that you can use to create, share and present 3D models. Whether you want to design a new deck for your house, build models forGoogle Earth, or teach geometry to your fifth-graders, you can use SketchUp to see your ideas in 3D. And when you’re done, you can export an image, make a movie or print out a view of what you made.
- AutoQ3D Community – 3D Editor: AutoQ3D Community is an easy, light and fast 3D model editor tool that uses the full power of your PC´s graphics hardware, allowing you to rapidly prototype your 3D designs.
- Anim8or: Anim8or is a 3D modeling and character animation program which allows users to create and modify 3D models with built-in primitives such as spheres, cylinders, platonic solids, etc.; mesh-edit and subdivision; splines, extrusion, lathing, modifiers, bevel and warps.
- Seamless3d: Seamless3d is free open source 3d modelling software which designed for the artist who is realistic about the time it takes to learn any tool that’s going to offer creative freedom.
- BRL-CAD: BRL-CAD is a powerful cross-platform constructive solid geometry solid modeling system that includes an interactive geometry editor, ray-tracing for rendering & geometric analyses, network distributed framebuffer support, image & signal-processing tools.
- 3DPlus: With 3DPlus you can create outstanding 3D designs in just a few minutes – with no need for any complicated VRML or other programming. 3DPlus is the amazing 3D design software that enables you to create stunning 3D graphics for your home, school or business – no experience required.
- 3D Canvas: 3D Canvas is a real-time 3D modeling and animation tool that incorporates an intuitive drag-and-drop approach to 3D modeling. Complex models can be constructed from simple 3D primitives, or created using 3D Canvas’ Object Building Tools. Modeling tools are provided to deform, sculpt, and paint 3D objects.
- EDrawings: eDrawings is a freeware utility which will give the user the power to view, create and share 3D models and 2D drawings. eDrawings offers unique capabilities like point-and-click animations that make it easy for anyone with a PC to interpret and understand 2D and 3D design data.
- Blink 3D: Blink 3D is an authoring tool for creating 3D environments. The 3D environments are immersive, just like today’s modern games and can be viewed using the a Blink 3D Viewer on the Web or locally.
- Minos: MINOS extends the capabilities of your existing 2D-or 3D-wireframe-based systems, so you can take advantage of all the benefits solid modeling offers right away.
- FreeCAD: It is a basic 3D CAD with advanced Motion Simulation capabilities. It is suitable for anyone interested in learning 3D CAD and Motion Simulation for free before using more sophisticated packages. Its motion simulation capabilities are comparable to the best and can provide accurate answers to engineers and scientists in diverse fields.
- Bishop3D: Bishop3D is an interactive modeler and animation tool for the popular freeware raytracer POV-Ray™, a world-class renderer for creating three-dimensional photo-realistic images.
- K3DSurf: K3DSurf is a program to visualize and manipulate Mathematical models in three, four, five and six dimensions.
- DesignWorkshop Lite: DesignWorkshop is a three-dimensional modeling program for architectural design and related endeavors.
- GDesign 2.0: GDesign 2.0 is a 2D/3D free generative art application for Windows. With GDesign you can interactively build, test, and edit complex models.
- Sweet Home 3D: Sweet Home 3D is a free interior design application that helps you place your furniture. On a house 2D plan, with a 3D preview. Sweet Home 3D helps people to design their interior quickly.
- TrueSpace: TrueSpace7.6 is a fully-featured 3D authoring package that will let you model, texture, light, animate and render 3D content. As well as traditional images and movies, you can also make 3D content for online shared spaces, and for Virtual Earth.
- Alibre Design Xpress: Alibre Design Xpress is a rich and capable 3D solid modeler for creating mechanical parts, assemblies and 2D drawings – and is free. Alibre Design Xpress equips the person needing basic 3D design capabilities.
- 3DVIA Shape: 3DVia Shape is a free online 3D modeling application that eases you to create, publish and share ideas in 3D.
Thursday, December 18, 2014
This is an awesome example of 25 best 3D modelling applications for completely free of cost that we are presenting you. However, to give you the clear concept, you need to know, what is 3D modelling and how it has been used.
What is 3D Modelling
In 3D computer graphics, 3D modeling is the procedure of developing a mathematical representation of any three-dimensional surface of an object (either inanimate or living) via specialized software. The product is called a 3D model. Theoretically, 3 Dimensions refers to substance that are constructed on three plans (X, Y and Z). The process of making 3D graphics can be divided into three basic phases: 3D modeling, 3D animation and 3D rendering.
Where it is used
The 3D modeling is used in a variety of industries like films, animation and gaming, interior designing and architecture. They are also used in the medical industry for the interactive representations of anatomy. A wide number of 3D software is also used in constructing digital representation of mechanical models or parts before they are actually manufactured.CAD/CAM related software are used in such fields, and with these software, not only can you construct the parts, but also assemble them, and observe their functionality. 3D modelling is also used in the field of Industrial Design, wherein products are 3D modeled before representing them to the clients. In Media and Event industries, 3D modelling is used in Stage/Set Design.
So, here is the list of 25 best free 3d modeling applications for you :-
Perform the renderings of the SketchUp 8, SketchUp Make & SketchUp 2013 models with Renditioner Pro V3
IMSI Design releases Renditioner Pro V3, the most updated version of Renditioner that contains some advanced features and superior print quality.
The users can use Renditioner Pro v3 to create eye-catching photorealistic renderings of the models through SketchUp 8, SketchUp Make, SketchUp 2013.
Renditioner Pro v3 functions directly inside sketchup and load any model automatically. Just arrange the model for rendering through discerning drag and drop, lighting, material, camera and environment controls.
There exist some professional rendering controls like Progressive and Sub-Image rendering which facilitate the users to promptly check and envisage diversified rendering scene variations of their design. Multi-threaded rendering will result in increasing the regeneration time to cope with your system.
Renditioner Pro v3 contains the following exclusive features:-
Superior quality Cameras and Lighting with HDR: High Dynamic Range (HDR) facilitates a high quality tonal and contrast detail revealing a completely new set of lighting possibilities with added realism.
Expanded Libraries of Content: Renditioner Pro contains a well structured library having more than 150 materials, 72 finishes, 50, 2D and 3D bump maps, and 27, 2D and 3D backgrounds. The users can easily use them into the models by just dragging and dropping them. There are also supplementary content accessible through the LightWorks’ Aspects Digital Asset Library.
Simplified User Interface with Tutorials: Maneuver any SketchUp model through professional image controls which are smoothly arranged into brief menus for getting quickly
Multiple output formats: All the rendered images are saved as .JPG, .PNG, .TIF, .BMP, and .TGA file fomats
Animation: The users can view a rotating animation of their model on its X-axis with turntable animation inside Renditioner Pro.
Drag, Orbit, Look Around, Track In, and Walk Tools: The users can experience better control viewing and orienting the model with the above tools.
New Glossy Optimization: Glossy optimization enhances the rendering speed of scenes having glossymaterials.
Material Blurring: It will create advanced material quality for producing more photorealistic renders and speeding up the rendering time.
Progressive Rendering: By applying Progressive Rendering, the user will get a blocky, low quality view of the scene although the rendering calculations are carried out.
Sub-image rendering: Characterize a segment of an image to render, rather than rendering the whole image. It will streamline the process of rendering of just the area of the image as per your choice.
Image Courtesy : www.imsidesign.com