About Extension Warehouse
- Users can search extensions by name or as per the functionality.
- They can also install various extensions with a single click of a button.
- Or users can also control all the extensions from easy-to-use location in the My Extension page.
Adding Extensions to SketchUp
- Users have to entry the Extension Warehouse only from SketchUp and if it is accessed form a web browser then a Download button will be seen instead of Installation Button and users then need to install the downloaded .rbz file through SketchUp Preferences.
- The good news is that this SketchUp is absolutely free so users can easily download and use them. In addition of that, developers can have the option of selling extensions for a one-time-free or can get a subscription. A trial extension is generally free to use for a limited time and sometime an extension can be purchased that need to buy from the developer’s website and install the extension manually.
Installing Extensions manually in SketchUp Preferences
- At first go to SketchUp and select the Extension Manager Option form Window menu, after clicking on it the Extension Manager window appears.
- Now click on the Install Extension button.
- The Open Dialog box will appear where users can find the .rbz file, just save it to the computer, select the file and click OK in Microsoft Windows or Open in Mac OS X.
- SketchUp will warn the users about installing only extensions from trusted sources just click OK option for further procedure and the extension will be installed.
Purchasing Extensions in the 3D Warehouse
- Go to the extension detail page and click the Purchase button.
- In the prompted option, users have to enter their billing and payment information, billing information will verify the credit card, the receipt is emailed to the email address that user uses to sign in to Extension Warehouse.
- Go to the SketchUp and select the Extension Warehouse from Windows and sign in to the Extension Warehouse.
- Now search for the extension that is needed or go to the extensions details page and click Install Trial option.
- Then go to the user menu and select the My Extensions option.
- The My Extension tab will open scroll down to the trial extension or the purchased extension to install and click on either the Install Trial or Install link. Click yes to install.